Gantec was founded in 2005 with a goal of providing innovative, sustainable solutions for the agriculture market. The original insight for the technology came during a trip to Senegal in West Africa. The founders observed a Neem tree there, which grows green and healthy year-round in the desert. The question was asked of whether the properties of this tree could be transferred to other plants to improve their growth and health.
Seven years and hundreds of trials later, the answer appears to be that yes, the properties of this amazing tree can be transferred to other applications, with resulting benefits in plant growth, vitality, and yield. This is the basis of Bio-Adaptive Supplementation, the core technology behind Gantec products.
- Dr. Joseph Affholter, Ph.D. from Stanford in Molecular Pharmacology, developed the concept of ‘Bio-Adaptive Supplementation.’
- Dr. Lanny Robbins, chemical separations expert with Dow for 37 years, developed our elegant extraction methods.
- Unlike standard industry technology, we extract broad-spectrum biochemistry without isolating single active ingredients.
- The broad-spectrum biochemistry provides a wide range of benefits to plants including growth and health.
- Highly concentrated formulation allows high efficacy from low application rates.
- Plant-based ingredients allow reduction of both synthetic and animal waste inputs.
Our goal is to continue to improve and develop effective products to boost crop yields and improve plant health, while continuing to build and sustain economic activity in communities we work in around the world.